Landmark Association Grant Eligibility Requirements
- Building must be at least 50 years old.
- Applicant must be a Landmark Association member. (Membership applications accepted with grant application. Basic membership is $25.)
- Buildings may be residential, commercial, religious, educational or fraternal.
- Preference will be given to buildings that have a Local Historic Designation, are listed in the National Register of Historic Places or have been determined to be eligible to the National Register.
- Preference will be given to new projects.
- Work must be on exterior of a primary building.
- One application per owner.
- All work must be completed in accordance with the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation. www.nps.gov/tps/standards/rehabilitation/rehab/stand.htm
- Grants will be between $250 and $1,000. A total of up to $5,000 is available.
- Grant money must be 100% matched with cash provided by the applicant. No in-kind or sweat equity (labor) can be considered part of the match.
- All work must be documented with before and after photographs, a detailed description of the work, and expenses incurred.
- Work must be completed and completion forms and materials submitted by November 15, 2020.
- Grant funds will be awarded on a reimbursement basis based upon completion of project and documented expenses, including match requirements.
- Grantees must apply for a Certificate of Appropriateness from the Historic Preservation Board if in a designated historic district. For further information call the Planner I (currently Monica Ramsey) at the City County Planning Commission at 270-842-1953 and look at their website: https://www.warrenpc.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/COA-Application-Form-January-2020.pdf
- New construction and additions will not be eligible.
- This grant will NOT fund work on cultural sites, landscaping, fences, driveways, cemeteries or archaeological work.
Submit application by downloading the form and mailing it in. The Application, the Project Budget and photos will need to be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Landmark Association, P.O. Box 1812, Bowling Green, KY 42102-1812.
April 21, 2020 Deadline to submit applications
May 31, 2020 Notification to finalists
November 30, 2020 Deadline to complete work